Time, Talent & Treasure 2016
Stewardship Commitment Sunday will be October 23, 2016. The pledges and tithes made will be for the 2016 calendar year. Please have your Time, Talent & Treasure forms filled out and ready to bring forward during the Liturgy on the 23rd. Please sign both the left and right portions of the form, as the form is split and the two sections go to different ministry participants for processing.
Letter from Fr. Gregory
Following Christ means both receiving blessings and making sacrifices. Its a "both-and" proposition. Chiefly we receive the blessing of being adopted as children of the Father, within the Divine Sonship of Jesus Christ. We receive the Holy Spirit, the forgiveness of our sins, membership in the Body of Christ, the promise of everlasting life, and the sustenance of the Sacraments, along with the holy assistance of the prayers of the Saints. Really the list is endless, because it is eternal.
For our part, we make sacrifices. That is we take up our Cross. In other words, we begin by recognizing that our life is not really our own, but is His. And so too everything in our lives is to be seen as His, not ours. If we have children, they are His, not ours. If we have possessions, they are His, not ours. And on and on. We are but stewards, responsible to Him and answerable to Him for whatever He has placed before us to manage, to cultivate, or to love, in His Name.
Thinking, planning, and praying about your participation in our parish family's 2017 Stewardship Commitment must be seen in light of this "both-and" truth. We have all received untold blessings of incalculable worth. Now we are called to respond in sacrificial giving, of our time, our talent, and our treasure.
May the God of blessings grant His grace to us as we take up our Crosses!
Fr. Gregory Mathewes-Green
Ministry Role Descriptions
Building & Grounds
- Building & Repair Skills: Provide handyman skills, make repairs around the building when needed
- Gardening: Help with weeding, planting, watering, sweeping
- Organize Kitchen & Parish Hall: Keep the kitchen, refrigerator, and parish hall organized and neat
- Sunday School Assistant: Assist teachers in attending to needs of children and organizing classroom and materials
- Sunday School Teacher: Teach on a rotation (or substitute as needed) using prepared curriculum
- Vacation Church School: Teach or assist with one-week VCS program in late summer
- Organize Books: Keep the library organized and manage check-out/check-in of books
- College Ministries: Assist with special events for UMBC OCF
- Guild of Blessed Olga: Knit, crochet, or sew items for the needy, in support of church ministries both locally and in Romania
- Homeless Ministries: Assist with local homeless shelter during one week in December, or help provide a meal at the Community Recovery Center quarterly
- Tract Rack: Keep pamphlets stocked and organized in the track rack
- Lunch Clean-Up: On a rotation, help clean up the parish hall and wash dishes after Sunday lunch
- Refreshments on Sunday: On a rotation, provide entree, dessert, or salad for 50 people for Sunday lunch/coffee hour
- Special Event Volunteer: Assist with annual special events such as the Pascha feast, parish picnic, patronal feast, or Linthicum Fair
- Correspondence: Send letters or e-mail, conveying friendly greetings and parish contact information, to visitors who have signed the guest book
- Visitation: Visit elderly or sick parishioners
- Altar Care: Assist in cleaning the brass, dusting
- Altar Server: Boys 9 and older who have made first confession assist clergy at the altar during Divine Liturgy
- Bake Altar Bread: Bake the prosphora (holy bread) for Divine Liturgy
- Chanting: Chant at Vespers or Matins and participate in rehearsals
- Choir: Sing at Liturgy and participate in rehearsals
- Flower Arranging: Obtain and arrange flowers for feast days and other occasions
- Lector: Read the Epistle during Divine Liturgy
- Advisor/Meeting Facilitator: Facilitate youth meetings and activities
- Event Chaperone: Chaperone at occasional youth retreats or special outings
- Babysitter for Events: Babysit children during special events
- Bookkeeper: Record financial giving, transactions
- Phone Reminders: Make phone calls to remind parishioners of upcoming ministry assignments